Friday, January 8, 2010

Marriage Equality Defeated in New Jersey.

Yesterday New Jersey voted to prevent equality for all citizens in marriage:

The Jersey City resident was upset and surprised that the state Senate defeated the Freedom of Religion and Equality in Civil Marriage Actin a 20-14 vote today.

Hecht and Beth Achenbach, her partner of eight years, said they don’t know that they can continue to call New Jersey home with states like Connecticut and Washington D.C. close to passing gay marriage laws.

“It’s not that far to move to get equal rights,” Hecht said. “I basically feel like the state of New Jersey doesn’t need my money then.”

She added, “I should probably go to a state that will appreciate everything I have to offer and will take my tax money and will give back fair and equal rights.”

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home