Friday, April 23, 2010
- Name: Ann Neumann
- Location: Brooklyn, NY, United States
The Good Death: An Exploration of Dying in America will be published by Beacon Press in February 2016.
I'm a writer (and hospice volunteer) living in Red Hook, Brooklyn, and writing primarily about the nexus of death and religion for publications like Guernica magazine (where I'm a contributing nonfiction editor), Harvard Divinity Bulletin, Bookforum, The Baffler, The Guardian, and The New York Times.
I am a Visiting Scholar at The Center for Religion and Media, NYU, and a contributing editor at The Revealer, the Center's publication (where I was editor until June 2013). I write the monthly column, "The Patient Body."
You can find my articles at annneumann.com. I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, @otherspoon
- *The View* on Assisted Suicide/Kevorkian
- The V Word Is the New N Word.
- Doctors' Dilemma: Denominational Hospitals.
- Kevorkian's Death Bus for Sale.
- HBO Airs Kevorkian Movie on Saturday.
- Canada Votes Down C-384; It's a Good Story.
- Aid in Dying on Network TV.
- My Other Hat.
- Rick Scott for Governor.
- Respecting Direct-Care Workers.